Wednesday, November 16, 2011

50 Cent Wing Tuesdays at the Park Slope Ale House

Last night we went to one of my usual places to get wings. The Park Slope Ale House. Not only does the Ale House have great wings, their beer selection is phenomenal and always changing, their food menu is better than most and they have outdoor seating for those perfect Brooklyn days.

I always order wings when I go there but, what better excuse to go there than 50 cent Tuesdays. The wings at the Ale House are always good and consistent. On the occasion you get some weird looking runts tossed onto your plate but, the meat is good and the sauce is wet with a good spice and the right amount of sweetness. The only thing that keeps these wings off of my top five list is the blue cheese.

I mean, don't get me wrong, I'll eat it when when I order wings from the Ale House.

The truth of the matter is that when I feel like flexing my wing muscles and really going for the whole ball of wax, the blue cheese is an important component in my decision making. I'm not exactly sure why the blue cheese is good sometimes and sub par others but, more often than not, it always lacks the punch that I need in my blue cheese.

I will hypothesize that on some days great care and preparation goes in to the creation of the pungent vat of creamy goodness and then, other days, eehhhh...not so much. Regardless, the wings themselves are stellar and I will be back to partake and work my way through the draft selection.

In closing, I would like to make a plea to all the sub par blue cheeses of the world:

"I love you just as much as your spicy counterpart but, please take care and treat yourself to only the best things in life and when you show your self to the world, wear your Sunday best and shine your shoes like great grandpappy taught you.

Lovingly,
CluckinGood

No comments:

Post a Comment