Sunday, October 9, 2011

The Rock Shop = Damn Good Wings


Tonight, the wife and I went to The Rock Shop on 4th Avenue at President Street in Park Slope.  I was having a wing jones and was gonna go to my usual joint but, I had been meaning to stop in to The Rock Shop since it opened last year so, we made it happen. 

The Rock Shop has a great live music venue on the street level and to the left, up a staircase is the sports bar. I had the bacon cheddar burger and a 12 strip of medium wings.

You're looking at a dollar a wing which to me is a bit pricey but, they are worth it. The wings were meaty and the sauce had a good thickness.  I spoke briefly with the chef and he makes the sauce himself. I told him I like some heat in my sauce but, I don't want to be overwhelmed and uncomfortable from the heat. He recommended the medium and they were spot on.

These wings confirmed my faith in delicious wings abundant. NYC and Brooklyn, more specifically, has got some of the best wings in the world. The Rock Shop does them right and the burgers are on point too. They have good pre-set burger menu options and plenty of toppings for a custom job.

The beer selection is also better than your average sports bar swill. Some stand-outs were the South Hampton IPA and Brooklyn Blast. The Rock Shop has an incredible rooftop deck so, get there while the weather is nice and be ready to enjoy yourself. I'll definitely be back.

http://www.therockshopny.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment